Migrate your legacy data or your testing data with Data Migration Toolkit. The most reliable data migration tool for Oracle Utilities.
Basically, a data migration process is considered as nothing more than extracting data from a legacy system and adding it to a new one. So what needs to be done is to extract data, find out what can be migrated, what is missing, what needs to be cleaned up and what transformation is needed to adapt to the new environment. It looks like a very simple task for an IT system administrator.
But what are the business risks and the impact of a data migration activity? Underestimating this task is one of the most common mistakes in an IT project. Migrating data without an adequate cleaning procedure and without thorough data validation affects the correct behavior of the new product. The end customer will have the perception that something wrong has happened in the system, the complaints will spread and great efforts, which are not without costs, will be put in place to return to normal. Additionally, migrated non-congruent data can result in a loss of revenue, especially when it comes to critical data such as consumption data in utility projects. Furthermore, the performance of a data migration activity is relevant in the Go-Live phase. If the completion of a data migration takes days, the activity will be interrupted for all that time with the problems that this will naturally bring. (Service interruption, need to reconcile data lost during the interruption time etc.)
Our Data Migration Toolkit is the solution that reduce the above risks.
The Data Migration Toolkit for Oracle Utilities products is developed by our Oracle Utilities experts based on long experience in utility projects. It provides a complete tool to load legacy data extracted from legacy systems into the target system. It is designed for data migration into Oracle Utilities MDM, CC&B and C2M products. Natively integrated with Smart Meters Simulator, can also be easily configured to load test data for performance and functional tests. It provides a complete set of validation rules to support data cleansing operations and to ensure that only clean and quality data is loaded into the target system. It is able to perform parallel loading tasks to dramatically improve execution times and, most important, cut-over time.
The tool performs two validation steps on the source data: syntactic and semantic validation and at the end of each generates a clear report containing the problems encountered on the data and suggestions on how to remediate. This functionality is designed with the aim of being a strong support for the most critical activity, data cleansing.
- Does not requires in-depth technical knowledge.
- Optimized for Oracle Utilities.
- Low cost compared to other products in the market.
- Fast and low-cost customization for any custom data structure.
- Easy to install and configure.
- Can load either real legacy data and test data.
- Reduce the risk of deploying live a new system that impact end-customer experience.
- Reduce the risk of incongruent critical data that can have revenues impacts.
- Support the Utility in the data cleansing operation necessary before migration from legacy systems.
- Reduce costs of projects cut-over
- Ensure data quality.
- Reduces costs on operator’s training.
- Support functional and performance testing.
- Load data from different sources (XML, CSV, Database).
- Natively integrated with Smart Meters Simulator to generate and load ad-hoc testing data.
- Natively integrated with Oracle Utilities Test Accelerator (OUTA) to generate and load data for Business Processes flow testing.
- Provides a strong set of validation rules to ensure the quality of the data loaded.
- Provides clear reports on source data issues to support the data cleansing activities.
- Can be easily customized to load data in a customized Oracle Utilities product.
- Can run in parallel mode to improve performances and reduce Go-Live time